I’ve never been a picky eater. I’ll try anything once. Even with my vegetarianism, I don’t shy away from odd-looking food. Like kale.
Recently, I’ve noticed that while I’m not picky, I am quite particular about things I like and don’t like. While I agree with her statement “I just want it the way I want it,” I definitely don’t micro-manage my orders like Sally.
A few of my quirky food things–
1. Thoughts on ice cream:
- I don’t think Pinkberry’s fro yo tastes like anything
- To me, Ben & Jerry’s is nauseatingly sweet. Which is weird considering my obsession with dessert.
- Coldstone grosses me out.
- Breyer’s is the best store-bought ice cream. Hands down.
- Strollo’s Lighthouse is hands down the best Italian ice I’ve ever had. Don’t challenge me on that.
- The best gelato on the entire face of the planet is from Gelateria dei Neri in Florence.
3. I prefer white-based pizzas (sans red sauce).
4. If I get pasta at a restaurant, I’ll almost always go with short pastas like penne or farfalle instead of spaghetti or linguini. The exception to that is tagliatelle. I have no idea why.
5. Dark chocolate is the best chocolate.
6. I’m constantly on a mission to discover the perfect french fry; a quest I’ve inherited from my dad.
7. I LOVE cooked mushrooms but I can’t stand raw ones.
8. I despise bananas mainly because I don’t like the squishing sound they make when you chew them (but I also don’t like the taste).
9. One horrendous experience with goat cheese has turned me off from it forever (and yes, I have tried it since).
10. Salt-and-vinegar chips are the only flavored potato chips I’ll eat in copious amounts.
11. FACT: My family’s top secret pie crust recipe will undoubtedly beat yours.